Gym Supervisor, Feb 04 2019 start.
• Previous Gym Supervisor/Instructor experience is required
• Preferred if qualified to support gym programmes/ run exercise classes
• Part-time, 12 hrs/week, Mon – Fri 6.30am – 8am and Tues – Thurs 3.30pm – 5pm
Diocesan School for Girls is a high performing independent Anglican School with an outstanding reputation for excellence in all aspects of achievement. With state of the art educational and sporting facilities, the school provides a unique environment where girls can achieve excellence in a wide range of academic, cultural, sporting and spiritual activities.
Our world-class indoor Aquatic Centre has a purpose-built fitness centre. This gym facility is utilised by our community, students and staff.
With overall responsibility for the operation of the gym facility, the Gym Supervisor ensures the smooth running of the gym for its users. This role requires flexibility in work hours with approximately 12 hours per week during school terms. Hours envisaged are: Monday – Friday mornings 6.30am – 8am and Tuesday - Thursday afternoons 3.30pm – 5pm. There are also times when this role will be required to work school holidays and more hours in peak times. While less hours are anticipated from October, if the incumbent builds up a requirement for training, more hours could be available.
• Supervising the gym facility
• Gym induction for every member user
• Equipment maintenance
• Logging usage of the gym facilities
• Supervising and monitoring members using equipment
• If qualifies – providing support and assistance around gym programmes for individuals/ running exercise classes for small groups
• Ensuring the gym facilities have an inviting and attractive appearance and provide a clean and safe environment for students, staff and visitors
• Maintaining good communication with users and stakeholders, keeping them informed and up-to-date with developments and changes
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge of gym operations and be able to work independently, as well as part of a team. Planning and organisation skills are key, as are relationship building and customer service skills. The ability to show initiative, leadership and decision-making skills are an advantage.
A current First Aid Certificate is expected and training will be provided.