Aquatic Centre and Hockey Turf Caretaker
Diocesan School’s state of the art Aquatic Centre and Hockey Turf requires a practical person to provide key maintenance and support for operations
• Minimum 30 hours per week and up to 40 if suitable – Jan 2019 start
• Successful applicant will be flexible both in terms of hours and roles
• All training can be provided, need to be hardworking, practically minded, role is labour intensive so requires some level of fitness
Diocesan School for Girls is a high performing independent Anglican School with an outstanding reputation for excellence in all aspects of achievement. With state of the art educational and sporting facilities, the school provides a unique environment where girls can achieve excellence in a wide range of academic, cultural and sporting activities.
Our world-class indoor Aquatic Centre and Hockey Turf has a purpose built fitness centre, separate learner pool and 400-seat spectator gallery. A moveable floor in the main 25x20 metre pool can be lowered for deep water sports codes like water polo and raised for learn-to-swim classes.
Swim Schools and other water based activities and hockey games and trainings occur throughout the year including weekends. This role therefore, requires flexibility in working hours and early morning starts, and possibly evening and weekend shifts to cover on a rostered basis – there is flexibility with the start date in January 2019.
With overall responsibility for the operation of the Aquatic Centre and Hockey Turf from a technical perspective, the Aquatic Centre and Turf Caretaker ensures the facility is compliant and superbly presented to its users.
• Day to day maintenance, service and supervision of pool chemicals and mechanical systems in conjunction with contractors that service the facility
• Ordering chemicals and equipment and liaising with contractors for service and maintenance
• Providing technical training to pool attendants as required
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the pools and hockey turf, with an emphasis on safety, compliance and water standards
• Ensuring the Centre has an inviting and attractive appearance and provides a clean and safe environment for students, staff and visitors.
• Maintaining good communication with users and stakeholders, keeping them informed and up-to-date with developments and changes
• Ensuring that water quality is checked at prescribed intervals and appropriate action is taken to maintain the correct standards
• Ensuring that filtration and other aquatic operating systems are properly maintained and serviced
• Dealing with contractors
• Ensure that the centre maintains a current warrant of fitness In association with the Property Manager
• Providing support to the Swim School and Property Team as required
• Providing backup support to the Aquatic Centre and Turf Manager
• Cooperation with school Property Team, teaching and administrative staff in maintaining a relationship of mutual support
The successful candidate will be practical, hardworking, communicative, and flexible and take pride in providing an exceptionally well-maintained and serviced facility.
Planning and organisation skills are also key, as are relationship building and customer service skills. First Aid Training, chemical handling and height certification can be provided and experience working in and around pools would be an advantage.